Thursday, May 12, 2016

A Home Security System Can Help Keep Intruders At Bay

When I was little, my family home was broken into. We had gone away for the weekend to visit my grandmother. When we returned home and walked into the house, it was instantly apparent that something was wrong because we don't have a home security Austin system then. Even with the lights out, you could see that things were not in the correct place. Once the lights came on, we were able to see clearly that everything was toppled, dug through, or moved out of place. Many of our most valued items were missing. 


As a child, it was one of my first introductions to the darker side of humanity. Those feelings of loss and helplessness have never left my mind. Sometimes, I wonder how different things may have been if we had a home security system installed. Even something as simple as a basic alarm may have been enough to deter the thieves from breaking in.

These days, securing my home is one of my top priorities. I never want to have to experience that same sense of loss again. Having  your space violated by a stranger is something that takes a long time to get over. It is far better to be proactive and take steps to protect your home now before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment